- This event has passed.
HFMA Region 6 Webinar – How Medicaid is Currently Being Redefined
July 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Medicaid is experiencing a time of unrest, at both state and federal levels. Congress, President Trump, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, state governments, Medicaid beneficiaries, and the judicial system are all involved.
This presentation is not an update on what is happening in each state, it goes much deeper. We will take a chronological look at Medicaid work requirements and related ‘”innovations” from early 2017 to the present. This will help you to comprehend the consequences of future decisions. At the center of the argument, both for and against work requirements, lies the Medicaid objectives. Is there an attempt to redefine them? Join us and decide for yourself.
Bullet Point Takeaways:
- How the Medicaid landscape is changing, and what impact that change might have on your organization.Where we are and how we got to this
- What’s driving the push for Medicaid
- The Medicaid Act objectives; and how HHS is attempting to redefine
- The Administrative Procedures Act (APA).
- The Chevron two-step framework.
- Congress’ intent with respect to medical assistance
- Actions your organization can