- This event has passed.
HFMA Region 6 – Complex Claims Billing for Hospitals: 5 Steps to Success 7.9.19
July 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Description of Program:
This presentation will illustrate the 5 keys to success to complex claims billing and collections, which include billing the right payer the first time, knowing exactly what you are owed in Ohio, sending bills out the correct way for complex claim payers, setting goals and measuring success, and finally how to make the call on how set up a winning complex claims billing team.
- Teach the basics of complex claims management and why it’s important to master
- Show the 5 basics steps to being successful in complex claims management
- Explain how to implement and measure these steps in a successful billing program
- Rob Powers – VP, Client Services, EnableComp
- Jesse Larrison – VP, Account Management, Enable Comp
- Jason Smartt – Senior Director, Complex Claim Operations, EnableComp
Method of instruction: Webinar
Duration of program: 1 hr
CPE: 1 hr
- Rob Powers – VP, Client Services: As the Vice President of Client Services, Rob Powers brings over 25 years of healthcare experience to EnableComp. Prior to joining the company, Powers served in a variety of business development roles at Availity for 13 years, most recently as an Enterprise Account Executive. Rob is an active HFMA member and regularly attends events throughout the country. He holds a BS in Biochemistry from Rutgers University and a DC from the National University of Health Sciences.
- Jesse Larrison – VP, Account Management: Jesse has been involved with nearly every aspect of workers’ compensation since 2003 and is an active thought-leader, speaker and policy adviser for the industry. Jesse eventually took a leadership position at CorVel Corporation overseeing all departments from sales, claims administration, nurse case management, medical billing and provider contracting within the state of Tennessee. In 2013, he joined EnableComp to create a Managed Care department, which is now responsible for administering all State and Federal fee schedules, PPO contract management, clinical review, and regulatory management. He received his BS in Physics from Middle Tennessee State University.
- Jason Smartt – Senior Director, Complex Claim Operations: After graduating law school in 2007, Jason worked for a Revenue Cycle Management company as a Staff Attorney. For seven years, he represented several hospitals resolving their denied workers compensation, motor vehicle accident, and veteran administration claims. In 2014, he worked for the Hospital side as the Vendor Operations Manager for the PFS Department at Community Health Systems. Jason joined EnableComp in 2018, bringing his legal expertise to the Complex Claims Department.