- This event has passed.
HFMA Region 6 Free Webinar – Defending Your Chargemaster – Rescheduled to 1/28/20
January 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Increasing federal and state regulations are causing many hospitals to struggle to stay up-to-date with ever-changing coding and compliance rules, as well as developing and maintaining a defensible and transparent pricing strategy. This presentation is designed to define the Chargemaster (CDM) and help you determine next steps to defend your CDM including written criteria, policies and procedures specific to common risk areas in addition to key industry trends that impact CDM structure, price transparency and revenue. We will also address next steps for you to consider when implementing an effective Internal Audit and Monitoring program to ensure compliance and optimize reimbursement long term.
- Understand the role the CDM plays in the Hospital Revenue Cycle
- Learn about current and future price transparency regulations and how to proactively prepare for changes
- Identify risk areas and develop a plan to proactively defend your CDM structure and negotiate payer contracts
- Understand your payer contracts and how net revenue is impacted
- Identify key elements of an Internal Audit and Monitoring program to ensure a compliant CDM with accurate and complete charge capture
Kyle Sherseth, CHFP, Senior Manager of Advisory Services – Reimbursement Strategy, nThrive
CPE : 1 (One)